Google and apple play stores are dotted with a considerable number of fine music applications. They all have their own pros and cons. One of the greatest scale for comparison is the music library , then comes the add-on features like sound quality, interface simplicity, device playlists synchronization etc. Google has always been quite innovative with its products and Google play music is another fine example of its technological prowess. Now, we evaluate how it stands on its performance to become an apex music player-
Thumbs Up for Google Play Music:
Thumbs Up for Google Play Music:
- Music library – The number of soundtracks in any music app form its core. Google play music boasts of more than 40 million soundtracks which are updated regularly. The tracks are very much diversified across genres and can be found across a time line of last 7 decades! That means you have the newbies as well as the oldies.
- User interface- As is the case with other google apps, the interface is very much colorful, and flashy. Clicking on the button on top left makes it to change into an exploded view of a simple list through which you can switch on to downloaded and device playlists. For the people who are fond of a bright and multi coloured screen view , Google play music is a blessing in disguise.
- Download music on Android wear- Though the space on android compatible smartwatches is limited, you can directly upload your music library into your Android compatible smartwatch through ‘Download on android wear” option using Google play music.
- Thumbs up and down option for managing music – Creating personal playlists is sometimes too cumbersome and tedious for some people. The Thumbs up and Thumbs down option is a relief for them. Every track played on Google play music shows them and on clicking thumbs up, they get added to a dedicated playlists and get deleted if you press thumbs down!
- Kid safe- If you want to restrict the use of explicit words in songs , Google play music has an option to do that under its settings. Just switch the option to restrict them in the settings and voila! Your kids and you will never hear anything explicit!
- Sleep timer- Its night time and you go to bed and before that, you turn some soothing music on! But in the process, that sweet track pushes you down to a sound sleep and the music , it doesn’t stop till you wake up or suddenly , your sleep gets interrupted and your eyes open to realize that the music is playing onto your ears from last couple of hours! Sleep timer to the rescue now, just set the time after which you want your phone to stop playing music and feel free!
- Choice of streaming quality- Sometimes , we just go with the flow and suddenly, while listening to the songs, we realize that all our data has gone! No worries, Google play music has an option to adjust the song quality from normal to high definition. Choose what you want!
- Integration- You can listen to the songs in your device in Google play music too!
- Auto synchronization!
- Paid music -The music on Google play music is not free. You have to buy the songs! With apps offering totally free music around, it settles to be a con for Google play music.
- Tricky interface-The interface is a bit tricky. Although it’s beautiful, novices will need time to adjust to it.